Russian TASS news agency published on youtube 2 interviews of PM of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan and prezident of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev.
Despite the fact that Armenian side had twice less screen time than Azerbaijan (Nikol’s interview lasted for 15 minutes, while Aliyev was talking for 30 minutes), the comments to Aliyev’s interview were disabled from the beginning, while Pashinyan’s speech was actively discussed. This is considered as incitement to ethnic or racial hatred.
TASS is Russia’s leading state news agency, and in 2019, it celebrated its 115th anniversary.
The agency heads the Russian National Committee of the UNESCO International Program for the Development of Communication (IPDC), has a seat on the UNESCO Intergovernmental Committee on Information and Communications and the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO.
First Deputy Directors General
Mikhail Gusman, Russian journalist and translator.
Born: January 23, 1950 (age 70 years), Baku, Azerbaijan
- Graduated from the Azerbaijan University of Languages and the Journalism Department of the Baku Higher School of Political Science.
- 1973–1986: Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Youth Organizations of the Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic.
- Full Member of the International Informatization Academy, Doctor of Political Sciences.
- He represents Russia at UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Program for the Development of Communication (IPDC).
- Winner of the Ernst Mülemann Award for Journalism (Switzerland) and recipient of state awards of Azerbaijan and other countries.
- Awarded the Order of Friendship in 2006 and the Order “For Merit to the Fatherland” in 2010.